It's Been A Long Time Coming...

I know I have been away from this blog for a long time now...and I know I need to do better with that, and eventually I will. I just had to come back to say one thing:

I HAVE A FULL TIME JOB NOW! PRAISE THE LORD!

I know it may seem insignificant to those of you that have been in the workforce for a while, but I have literally been looking for a job for a year since I graduated from college. Every corner I turned, I got told no...either I wouldn't get an interview, or for whatever reason, the company would go with another candidate. I FINALLY got the call back on Friday that said I was verbally offered a position. If I'm to be 100% honest here, I can admit that I went in my mom's room and cried when I heard the news. Not because I was sad, but because I could finally feel the weight of the world lifting off of my shoulders.

I know it's going to be a lot of work in front of me...now with working full time, working 2 other part time jobs (not every day, but you get my drift), going back to school full time come August, and trying to start my own dreams and get them lifted off of the ground...I know my time management skills are going to get a complete overhaul, and my patience and endurance will be tested...but there is no great reward without hard work, so...I'm ready for the challenge. If the load gets to be too much, I can always defer my dreams...a dream deferred is not a dream denied, I'll just have to wait until I am in a better place to work on them.

All that being said, I am so so so grateful to God for blessing me with this opportunity. Admittedly, I'm a little nervous; this is my first full time job, and I hope I have what it takes to do the job well, and not mess up. I'm eager to get started and eager to learn as much as I can to go along with my degree as well as learning more about how life in an office really is. I'm also grateful to have such amazing friends that have had my back throughout this entire process. Whether it was financially supporting me through tough times, hopping on my back to make sure I filled out job applications, critiquing my resume and cover letter, hooking me up with potential job opportunities, or just passing on encouraging words when I was completely discouraged, I have to say THANK YOU. You have no idea how thankful I am to have people like you in my life, and how much it means to me that you have been in my corner throughout this entire process. I love each and every one of you, and I just hope I have the opportunity to repay you at some point.

Well...since I have to get on a sleep schedule now, I'll bring this blog to a close...I have to get up early tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations and welcome to the world of work! It'll be an adjustment but I have every confidence that you'll be awesome.

livelovelibra said...

:o) Thanks! Hopefully I don't become sleep deprived anytime soon...lol

Post a Comment